About Soul Street
Byron Bay’s unique New Year’s Eve street party will be open from 6pm – midnight. The centre of town will be filled with market stalls, food vendors, face painter’s, four stages, numerous bands, buskers, circus performers, fire twirlers, drummers, and children’s activities. All the market stalls will run down the centre of Jonson Street from Byron Community Centre to Lawson Lane and throughout Railway Park. Jonson Street is closed, along with Railway Park from 4pm.
Soul Street is a great opportunity for the Byron Bay community and visitors alike to come together to celebrate New Year’s Eve and to showcase the creativity, lifestyle, and talent that we have in this region.
For this event, the Byron Community Centre partners with Byron Shire Council to promote a ‘Safe Summer in the Bay’. Soul Street New Year’s Eve in Byron Bay will be a fun, safe, community-driven, alcohol-free event!
How to apply:
- Applications for Soul Street 2018 have closed.
- Read and understand the Code of Conduct
- Have a digital copy of your current PLI certificate ready.
- Have a digital copy of your Food Permit and Food Safety Certificate ready.
- Payment of site fees start MONDAY 12th November 2018
- Applications close 22nd November 2018
- Payment cut-off THURSDAY 29th November, no exceptions.
- This is a prepaid market, no fees will be collected at the market.
- Cancellations must be made in writing before THURSDAY 29th November.
- A LATE PAYMENT FEE of $20 applies if payment is made after 29th November.
- Last chance to pay THURSDAY 6th December.
Stall holders can pay for their site:
- Online with credit card, using the link in the invoice sent out each week.
- By phone with credit card during office hours 10am – 4pm Wednesday + Thursday
- In person. CASH ONLY, at the Byron Community Centre box office during the hours 10am to 1pm Mon – Fri