About the Byron Artisan Market
The Byron Artisan Market is a weekly boutique market in the centre of Byron Bay. The market is a showcase for local arts & crafts and a great opportunity for locals and visitors to enjoy the creativity inherent in the region.
What we are looking for
- Locally made, original, unique and high-quality items made by the stallholder,
- Residents of one of the following Shires (Byron, Ballina, Lismore and Tweed Shires).
- Food and beverages.
- Arts and crafts, clothing and jewellery.
- Healing Therapies, Astrology and Tarot.
- Children’s activities.
Stall fees include electricity.
A 10% discount will apply if you prepay your site for a full month in advance.
- Standard site 4m x 3m $65
- Half site 2m x 3m $45
- Corner site 4m x 3m $75
- Food stall 4m x 3m $90
- Beverage stall 4m x 3m $75
How to apply
- Click on this link to fill out the online application
- Read the online application from beginning to end.
- Read and understand the Byron Artisan Market Code of Conduct.
- Read and understand the Byron Artisan Market Rules and Regulations.
- Have a digital copy of your proof of address ready.
- Have a digital copy of your current PLI certificate ready.
- Food Stalls: Have a digital copy of your Food Permit & Food Safety Certificate ready.
Please only apply for this market once. Please be aware that the Artisan Markets attract a large amount of applications. We only have 40 stalls available and will do our best to accommodate everyone. If you are not successful you will be placed on a waiting list and informed if a vacancy becomes available.
Notification of acceptance
- Notification of acceptance starts WEDNESDAY 17th August 2018
- Stallholders will be notified by email.
- Payment of stall fees start FRIDAY 24th August 2018
All stall sites are to be prepaid in monthly or weekly blocks. A 10% discount will be given to those who prepay for one month in advance. All payments are due Wednesday 4pm before market day, no exceptions. This is a prepaid market, no fees will be collected at the market.
Stall holders can pay for their site:
- Online with credit card, using the link in the invoice sent out each week.
- By phone with credit card during office hours 10am – 4pm Wednesday + Thursday
- In person. CASH ONLY, at the Byron Community Centre box office during the hours 10am to 1pm Mon – Fri
Failure to pay
If the stall holder does not pay by the Wednesday before the market, the stall holder will lose their site for the upcoming market and it will be re-allocated to another stall holder on the waitlist.
If the stall holder continues to miss payments, their site will be in jeopardy. Stall holder co-operation is appreciated in this matter. Non-payment by a stall holder for any market site rental fee will result in a breach of the rules. Remittance of the correct fees is a pre-requisite for continued attendance.
Non-attendance & Absence
If a stall holder pays for their site and does not attend the market without giving notice, they will NOT receive a refund. In the first instance they will receive a warning and if it happens a second time they will forfeit their regular site. Market management will check with the stall holder, by phone or email, before taking their name off the allocated site, as long as the stall holder is reachable.
Late notice cancellation
If a stall holder cannot attend the market, they must give notice by Monday COB before the market date so that managers have time to fill the site. If management finds a stall holder to fill the absent stall holders allocated site, they will receive a refund. However, if management cannot find a replacement for the site they will not be refunded.
Monthly payments & cancellations
If a stall holder has paid for their site one month in advance and they cancel their site with two weeks’ notice, they will receive a refund for the market they will be absent from. However, if they cancel with only one week notice, they will be subject to the ‘late notice cancellation rule’ as above.
Outdoor markets are at the mercy of the weather and the Artisan Markets are no exception. The markets will not be cancelled except in very bad weather conditions, so please be prepared with sandbags and guide ropes.
Cancellation of a market
If weather or natural disaster causes management to cancel the market stall holders will be refunded their site fee. If this occurs consecutively, management will refund 50%.
Cancellation will be notified to the public on the Byron Markets Facebook Page by 2pm and via text or in person to the stall holders.