The Byron Community Centre Support Service is one-on-one, free, and confidential. The service aims to;
- Help people address basic needs in times of financial hardship.
- Provide support, information and advocacy regarding housing issues.
- Connect people with appropriate available services to provide support.
- Offer material support such as personal care items, frozen meals & swags.
Are you eligible for the Byron Community Support Service?
- Have you lived in Byron Shire for at least 3 months?
- Are you on a low income?
The redesigned service enables access to all previously offered community services, including Emergency Relief and the housing service.
Support is by appointment only. Visit the Reception desk at the Community Centre or ph 02 6685 6807 to make an appointment.
Applicants need to bring to their appointment:
- An income statement from Centrelink.
- An ATM printout or a bank statement showing the account balance.